Our project to photograph and measure waterfalls we visit

Friday, February 12, 2016

Yoncalla Falls

On Feb. 12, 2016,  I hiked to the bottom of this falls. It is not visible except in pieces from the road that crosses Yoncalla Creek above the falls.

I measured this falls, which we call Yoncalla Falls, by lowering a measuring tape from the top of the falls to the bottom. Johnny stood on the opposite side of the creek where he could see when the tape hit the bottom.  There is no trail and access to the bottom of the falls is very steep. After measuring from the top, I climbed across the creek, as the bank was too steep on my side, and down the opposite bank to the creek, crossed the creek to get a clear view and climbed on a fallen log to take these photos. 

lat 45.161366
long -123.655621

height 40'

This first photo was taken a little way downstream where the bank on the right side of the photo obscures part of the waterfall.


I worked my way closer on the far bank to get a clear view and took these photos.



More (and somewhat different info) on the Northwest Waterfall Survey site:
http://www.waterfallsnorthwest.com/nws/falls.php?num=22559

No comments:

Post a Comment